The Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado is dedicated to serving individuals affected by all forms of injuries to the brain such as stroke, TBI, tumor, anoxia and infection.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for survivors by connecting them with resources to help navigate the path of rehabilitation.
- Adventure Camps - Week-long educational, social and recreational and creative opportunities for adults and youth with brain injury
- Brain Injury Professional Networks – Groups of providers who work together to enhance the system of supports for survivors across the state
- Colorado Brain Injury Program Adult Services - Application intake and eligibility determination for the state-wide program which provides case management services to adults who have sustained a TBI
- Colorado Youth Brain Injury Connections – A part of the Colorado Brain Injury Program, BIAC provides state-wide intake and referral of youths in the community with any type of brain injury to receive care coordination and education consultation
- Conferences - Annual educational event and networking opportunity for individuals with brain injuries, families and professionals
- Community Outreach & Education – Presentations, exhibits, and seminars to encourage prevention and increase public awareness of brain injury (Calendar)
- Utility Bill Assistance – Financial assistance with heating and electricity bills for individuals and families facing life changes after brain injury
- Pathways Program – Phone and e-mail based support. Information about providers that work with brain injury, state benefits such as Medicaid HCBS Waiver services, and other resource related needs
- Breaking News Emails - Regular communication including brain injury related articles, news, and information on state-wide events and meetings (sign up for mailing list on right side of any page)
- Pikes Peak Challenge – Annual hike to the summit of Pikes Peak to increase brain injury awareness and raise money to support our programs
- Public Policy – State and federal legislative advocacy to encourage policies for brain injury prevention and establishment of an organized system of care, which includes appropriate services and benefits for persons with brain injury
- Resource Directory – Database of brain injury related providers available for public access on our website
- Support Groups – State-wide meetings to provide education, recreation, and emotional support to individuals with brain injury, family members, and friends.