A free 6-week course teaching adults how to prepare and shop for healthy, low-cost meals. Class meets once a week, for 2 hours. To graduate the class, you must attend 4 out of the 6 class sessions.
Cooking Matters is offered multiple times throughout the year at BIAC. The funding that Cooking Matters receives to offer this class allows an individual to attend ONE 6-week course. If you have graduated from a previous Cooking Matters for Adult course, please do not register to attend again.
Course topics include:
- Identifying healthy food options and portion sizes
- Food safety and hands-on food preparation
- Reading food labels
- Preparing quick and easy healthy snacks
- Menu planning and smart shopping
Each week you will receive:
- A bag of groceries
- a meal, that you have prepared, to enjoy in class
At the completion of the course series, you will receive:
- A guidebook with all nutrition information and a recipe bank
- A graduation certificate
Who: Adults 18+ years old.
Date: Every Monday from May 13th to June 24th (except May 27th for the Memorial Day holiday)
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado
1325 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite B300
Denver, CO 80222