DBS will discontinue services on March 31, 2017, with the exception of our Jefferson County and Denver County Human Services contracts. These contracts conclude June 30, 2017. We will ensure that our current clients are individually notified and will assist them with a plan to follow their case through decision.
The DBS website, www.coloradodbs.org, will be operational through January 2018 to list resources for people needing SSI/SSDI application assistance after March 31.
DBS assists individuals with disabilities, including those with chronic conditions/illnesses, to acquire income, health insurance and other basic needs to stabilize their lives, health and living situations.
DBS Direct Services:
• Assists individuals with disabilities, including those with chronic conditions/illnesses to
develop and file a Social Security Administration (SSA) Disability benefits’ application
and monitors the status of submitted applications.
• Provides basic needs (housing, food, medical care) referrals for individuals with disabilities who have these unmet needs.
• Offers application assistance on available and relevant Medicaid-related services.
• Provides post-enrollment services to individuals approved for SSA disability benefits programs and Medicaid-related services.
• Delivers services in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Serves ages 17 and a half up to 65 years.
• Provides all services at no-cost to client.