Treatment at Vinland is intended for people with disabilities who are chemically dependent. We serve adults ages 18 and older and offer assistance in arranging transportation to and from appointments at Vinland’s main campus. We meet the complex needs of adults with disabilities seeking treatment for drug and alcohol abuse, specializing in traumatic brain injuries and other cognitive issues. We also offer Neuropsych testing and most of our front-facing clinicians are CBIS Certified.
We treat co-occurring disorders and offer fully integrated mental health services. Clients participate in mental health groups and meet one-on-one with licensed mental health professionals. When appropriate, clients meet in-house with our psychologists and psychiatrists.
In addition, Vinland is known for its outstanding Therapeutic Exercise Program. A safe, slow, gentle, supervised physical reconditioning program, this is specifically offered at our residential program location. All clients receive a pre-assessment to determine their current functional capacity. After the assessment, an exercise physiologist designs a personal program to improve their strength, flexibility, balance, coordination, posture and body mechanics. Many of our clients have issues related to chronic pain, musculoskeletal injuries and/or traumatic brain injuries, which makes personalized programming a necessity.
Our program is designed for:
• Those who can benefit from a slower-paced, more individually –focused program.
• People living with disabilities such as brain injury, developmental disability and/or physical disabilities. Other neurobehavioral disorders we serve include Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Fetal Alcohol Effect.
• Individuals dealing with simultaneous mental illnesses.
• Those who have had difficulty succeeding in traditional substance use disorder treatment programs, or those who have relapsed and need a new approach.
• We accept CTF, PMAPS, most insurance plans and private pay.
Situated on a hill overlooking Lake Independence in western Hennepin County, MN., Vinland’s main campus encompasses 178 acres of restored prairie land, woods and shoreline. It is a rural setting conveniently located just 20 miles west of Minneapolis and 45 miles south of St. Cloud.