Please check back on this page for updates regarding upcoming training opportunities. Other training locations can also be found on the Academy of Brain Injury Specialists website.
Become a Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS)!
Acquiring the CBIS credential provides you with the body of knowledge that strives to improve the quality of care for individuals with brain injury. BIAC offers CBIS training for individuals looking to expand their knowledge of brain injury. BIAC’s Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer (CBIST) offers training material and workshops in compliance with Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists (ACBIS).
- Guidelines for interacting with patients and building rapport
- Brain injury and behavior
- Medical complications
- Safe medication management
- Families coping with brain injury
Professionals of various disciplines would benefit from obtaining this certificate, including but not limited to:
- Healthcare professionals
- Mental health professionals
- Social workers
- Victim advocates
- Law enforcement
- Vocational rehabilitation counselors
- Child welfare case workers
- Adaptive recreation professionals
- Staff at assisted living or nursing home facilities