|What is a brain injury?||Would you like to request a training?|
|Brain Injury Facts & Figures||Fill out this form and BIAC staff member will be in touch with you shortly
Watch a brief animated video to learn more about brain injuries in Colorado:
Learn about strategies to use when working with people with brain injuries:
How many Coloradans have a brain injury?
Craig Hospital recently published research demonstrating the incidence of brain injuries & commonly reported symptoms in different regions of the state.
This document is a large version the data, which includes regional as well as statewide numbers. For more information about this research, please contact Gale Whiteneck, PhD, Principal Investigator: Gale@craig-hospital.org or CB Eagye, Research Associate: PEagye@craighospital.org
Opportunity for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, & Neuropsychologists:
- November 10th-11th, 2017. Differential Diagnosis and Management of Concussion Recovery. CEUs available. Click here for more information.
- Best Practices in Concussion Management – An online tool developed by concussion experts in Colorado
- CoKidsWithBrainInjury – A website for parents, educators, and professionals who serve kids with brain injuries
- REAP – Reduce/Remove, Education, Adjust/Accommodate, Pace – Community Based Concussion Management Program
- REAP (Spanish version) – Remover/Reducir, Educar, Ajustar/Acomodar, Ritmo – Centro para Conmoción Cerebrales
- ASD20 Concussion Education for Youth – Modules developed by school personnel to be used by teachers with the goal of training youth to recognize concussions in their peers
- College Students with TBI – Information for disability specialists working with college students with a brain injury
- CBIRT – Center on Brain Injury Research and Training
- Toolkit for Providers of Clients with Co-Occurring Mental Health & TBI Symptoms
- Materials & Books on Brain Injury
- JFK-HCP – a quarterly webinar series that cover relevant topics for those serving children with special health care needs
- Bancroft – brain injury webinars for professionals
- Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury Webinars
- Ohio State University – training modules with CEUs available
Presentations from Past Conferences