Nicole is an Occupational Therapist, Personal Trainer and Core Centering Practitioner. She has experience working with brain injuries, stoke, spinal cord injury, neurologic disorders, orthopedic conditions and more. She recently started her own foundation called Life Journey Fitness which offers inclusive, personalized fitness programs for adaptive and able-bodied athletes. Athlete, being anyone who wants to move their body to the competitive. Life Journey Fitness creates in-person and virtual custom programs for any of your needs, including personal training, small groups, corporate/entrepreneur wellness, ergonomics, and Tai Chi/Qigong. Train where you live, work, and play.
What to know about the workshop:
- Tai Chi/Qi Gong combine slow and fluid movements with breathwork for a low intensity exercise.
- Improve balance, body alignment and core strength.
- Connect breath and movement to energize and heal the body.
- Guided meditation through movement
- Perform seated or standing movements. ( For the first class it is probably best we do it seated)
- All levels and abilities welcome, modifications will be provided. This practice can be guided with assistance of caregiver, as needed
Things to bring
- sturdy chair
- pillow, towel roll, foam roll (or pool noddle) to help support back off of backrest, if needed
Prepare your space:
- Safe area to sit or stand
- Clear of objects and minimize distractions
Date & Time:
3rd Tuesday of the month starting January 2021; 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Virtual with the Zoom app
There is no cost for this class but registration is required as class size is limited
Contact Michael Zavala – 720-907-1455 or firstname.lastname@example.org