Brain Injury Alliance of Colorado

Colorado State Government Resources

Below is a list of links to government services offices that may help you with resources in your area:

Department of Human Services

These departments are listed by County and provide services which assist individuals and families to achieve self-sufficiency and social well-being. Examples of these services are: Medicaid, Food Assistance, TANF, Childcare Assistance, State Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND) and Aid to the Blind (AB). Click here to find the Human Service office nearest to you.

Colorado Indigent Care Program

The Colorado Indigent Care Program provides discounted health care services to low-income people and families. CICP is not a health insurance program. The CICP provides funding to clinics and hospitals so that medical services can be provided at a discount to Colorado residents that meet the eligibility requirements for the CICP. Here is the link to more details about the program.

Provider look-up for Medicaid, CHP+, or CICP

Medicaid Waivers

The Medicaid Waiver programs, also called Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers, provide additional Medicaid benefits to specific populations who meet special eligibility criteria. There are several waivers available. For information about these waivers, please click here.
Below are charts with overviews of the Colorado waiver programs:

MINDSOURCE/BIAC Resource Navigation

MINDSOURCE within the Colorado Department of Human Services contracts with BIAC to provide resource navigation services to help survivors of brain injury and their families connect to service providers and community resources. Visit this page for more information.

BIAC Education Consultation

MINDSOURCE also provides services for youth with acquired brain injury. Services include education consultation and care coordination. Each child/family will work with a care coordinator from the Health Care Program for Children with Special Needs (HCP). HCP Care Coordinators are public health professionals located across the state of Colorado. They have specific training in helping children with brain injury and finding valuable resources in their communities. The education consultation is provided by an individual on staff at BIAC.  Begin by submitting this online referral form.

Long-Term Care Single Entry Point (SEP) Agencies by County

Coloradans who need long term care services; including personal care or homemaker services, nonemergency medical transportation, home access modifications, electronic monitoring, assisted living (Alternative Care Facility), adult day programs, and respite care should contact their Colorado Medicaid Single Entry Point (SEP) agency. These agencies determine functional eligibility for community-based long-term care programs, provide care planning and case management for clients in these programs, and make referrals to other resources.  Find a list of SEP offices by County here.

Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)

Social Security pays benefits to people who cannot work because they have a medical condition that is expected to last at least one year. This page outlines general information about SSDI and criteria.

To apply for Social Security Disability benefits:

  • Online:
  • If you would rather apply in person there are two ways to locate the Social Security office nearest to you:
    • Use your zip code: This page will provide you with the Social Security office’s address, map, phone number, office hours and if you click on “Other Agencies” (located under the map) it will list other services that may be able to assist you as well.
    • You may also apply over the phone by calling 800-772-1213, you will receive paperwork that needs to be signed and mailed back.


Click here for a list of city and county housing authorities across Colorado.


The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) is Colorado’s leading placement organization for people with disabilities, DVR is working to bridge talent and ability so companies and employees succeed.  For more information, please click on the following link: Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Home Page