After a brain injury, children and youth may have challenges in the classroom and their families may need support navigating the education system.
BIAC has a Youth Education Liaison specialist on staff who provides free, statewide consultation and support services to children and youth, aged 0-21, with a documented brain injury.
Examples of support:
- Providing parent/guardian education of services and programming options available in schools
- Assisting in the partnership between parents and schools
- Educating parents and school teams on how a student has been impacted by their brain injury
- Collaborating with schools on intervention planning
- Attending transition, IEP, MTSS, and other planning meetings
- Partnering with hospitals to help with transition to school
- Any other student specific educational needs/concerns/questions
How to apply:
- If you are a parent or professional working with a child or youth with brain injury, please contact BIAC to request an application for education consultation: email@example.com or 303.355.9969, toll-free 1.800.955.2443
NOTE: This service is only available during the school year (August – May)