Self-management is a program designed for survivors who want to invest time in improving their skills in specific areas that can be challenging after a brain injury.
BIAC Advisors will work one-on-one with each participant to assess their strengths and weaknesses, identify natural supports in their life, and develop strategies for building specific skills with the goal of greater self-sufficiency.
During this six-month program, participants will meet with their Advisor for an average of 4 hours per month to work on skill-building.
Participants will have regular homework outside of meetings with their Advisor which will be reviewed each time they meet.
Areas of focus for Self-management*:
*Participants can identify up to 3 specific tasks listed below which they would like to work on during the six months in services
- Calling and scheduling appointments
- Pre-planning for meetings with professionals
- Using a calendar
- Managing schedules
- Meal planning
- Organizing and managing paperwork
- Managing important contacts
- Sorting mail and understanding its contents
- Creating and prioritizing a to-do list
How to apply:
- If you are a survivor interested in participating in the Self-management Program, please contact BIAC to request an application: email@example.com or 303.355.9969, toll-free 1.800.955.2443